What if you could tap into the knowledge and experience of social impact professionals from the likes of Airbnb, Salesforce.org, and Lyft?
Well, you can!
In 2017, Startups Give Back launched a mentor program to give companies access to social impact professionals who have built or are part of social impact programs at some of the most recognizable companies on the planet.
Here’s a list of our mentors:
- Rachel Katz, Global Volunteer Engagement Manager, Airbnb
- Dinah Jean, Impact Program Manager, Twilio.org
- Alissa May, Employee Engagement Manager, Salesforce.org
- Cheryl Timoney, Director of Customer Philanthropy, Salesforce.org
- John Leonard, Sr. Program Manager, Optmizely.org
- Heather Jin, Global Head of Corporate Social Responsibility & Co-Founder of Medallia.org, Medallia
- Peggy Duvette, Sr. Director, Social Impact, Oracle NetSuite
- Anna Currin, Global Program Manager, Okta for Good
- Lisa Boyd, Sr. Manager, Social Impact, Lyft
- Teryll Hopper, Program Manager, Oracle Volunteers, Oracle
- Mallory Burke, Atlassian Foundation Advocate, Atlassian
- Bari Saltman, Manager, LinkedIn for Good
- Jake Speyer, Professional Services Analyst & Co-Founder of Medallia.org, Medallia
How the Mentor Program works
How do I start a social impact program at my startup?
How do I measure my company’s impact?
Building a social impact program in a corporate setting inevitably sparks a lot of questions.
Luckily, members of Startups Give Back’s mentor group has been there and done that.
So, how do you connect with a mentor? Here’s how it works:
- Submit a question via the question submission form on the mentor page.
- Your question is sent to the mentor group
- We connect you to a mentor or multiple mentors who can provide advice
It’s that simple.
Building a social impact program doesn’t have to be hard; you don’t have to be left scratching your head.
With the help of the Startups Give Back mentors, you’ll get the advice you need to scale your impact.
As Sidney Browning from Course Hero shared after her experience with two mentors, “Both mentors encouraged me to reach back out to them with any additional questions as our volunteering program evolves which is truly an amazing resource since they both have impressive knowledge in this field.”
Interested in becoming a Startups Give Back mentor? Get in touch!